Package of Methodology Integration (PIM)
A period of adaptation without extra time
The Package of Methodology Integration provides training on academic methods as well as language training and will help students feel more confident about teaching methods in France.
The PIM course is part of the engineering course which takes place at the beginning of the Master's degree (in period M1a). It therefore does not extend the study period of the degree.
NoteThe PIM is organised by the "n+i" network and is designed especially for international students.
The shared (PIM) Package of Methodology Integration
This programme is part of the engineering course (worth 30 ECTS credits).
Foreign students are not mixed with French students at this stage.
Lessons are in small groups taught in French but tailored specifically for non French natives. Students are permitted to ask questions in English and receive answers in English and to use study materials in English or their native language.
Students are tutored on a one-to-one basis and can seek help with their lodgings, administrative registrations, bank accounts, visas etc. as well as academic guidance.
The shared Package of “Methodology Integration” is for students at M1 level only (on an “n+” or “i” Master's degree course).
The period is divided into two parts (1 semester, 30 ECTS credits
(September to December) 10 weeks, with 24 hours of lessons per week, totalling 240 hours of lessons (which equates to 26 ECTS credits
To increase efficiency and reduce costs, this programme may be common to several schools for the same topic. For Part 1, the course may be run in a different establishment to the one where students will follow the rest of the degree course (all transport and facilities are organised).
(January to February) from 2 to 6 weeks (4 ECTS credits
) depending on the establishment,period of adaptation in the school in which you will study for your degree. A period of adaptation with the students at your school. Students can follow lessons and laboratory practicals with French students to familiarise themselves with the study schedule and become a part of the group.
The shared PIM replaces the M1 Period 1 defined by the school. The shared PIM is adapted and therefore different to the M1a programme described by the school.
The local (PIM) Package of Methodology Integration
Students who are both proficient in French and familiar with France may begin their course directly with the French students in their chosen school but still have access to personal tutoring and help.
This package offers students regular lessons with French students:
- A personal welcome to the school,
- Special tuition from teachers (adapted to needs, in French, science and technology) during the first semester of the course. Students are supported both academically and psychologically,
- Fellow students provide mentoring during the first semester. This enables students to revise lessons and exercises together and to settle in at the school.
- Bilingual documents are provided to help understanding.
- English or French as Foreign Language (FLE) courses
The local Package of Methodology Integration is for students at M1 level (on an “n+” or “i” Master's degree course) or M2 level (of an i Master's).
- The Package of “Methodology Integration” is part of the course and as such, the school decides which package students should follow (complete or local), if at all.
- Students taking one of the Package of Methodology Integration (who therefore have little knowledge of the French system) must also take the Package of Cultural Integration (included: the personal welcome and assistance for the duration of the studies).