At INSA Toulouse, students are encouraged to play an active role in their education and spend a significant part of their studies working on full-scale projects, according to the method tested successfully by scientific universities in the USA and northern Europe.
From the beginning of their studies, the students are guided step by step in the construction of a Personal Professional Project, in coherence with their centres of interest and abilities. Their involvement in associations and community activities are given full credit in their programme.
INSA Toulouse has established a skilful balance in the various fields of study: sciences and technology, general culture, human and social sciences, sports. The course has an international dimension, being organized according to the European model (Bachelor-Master-Doctorate) to facilitate international university exchanges.
In addition to technical skills in a specific field, INSA engineers acquire the skills required to integrate the industrial world easily, such as the ability to work in a team, to take on responsibility, to cooperate and to lead, to adapt to different professional contexts and cultures.
Via the n+i network and CampusFrance, INSA-Toulouse offers forty places in its year 4 to foreign graduates with a BSc in Engineering or equivalent. These students are fully integrated on the specialization programmes.
This programme is a two-year top-level engineering course for international students
Discovering company life - Professionalization of engineering studies at INSA Toulouse is guaranteed by:
Business - Management - By motivating students to enter a competition for student business creators, by encouraging them to complete their scientific education with sound knowledge of management, by establishing partnerships or agreements with companies for internships, INSA is decidedly open to the economic and industrial world.
A ‘hotel’ for companies - INSA welcomes on its science park innovative start-ups in biotechnologies and nanotechnologies and, in partnership with the Centre Régionaux d’Innovation et de Transfert de Technologie, offers services adapted to very small companies.
INSA Toulouse belongs to the n+i network since the begining in 1999. 12 to 18 foreign students join INSA very year coming from aound 20 countries around the world (China, India, USA, Mexico, Columbie, Thailand, ....).
The recruitment of foreign students follows the n+i calendar.
The actual cost for France government of one year student at INSA is around 15000€. So by offering two years including social insurances at 3000€, France gives you a unique opportunity!
ACTIA SCOLARSHIP FOR INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE of a total amount of 6 000 €
These scholarships are reserved for talented foreign students who have a strong academic, professional potential. The laureates will do their internship within the ACTIA Group (www.actia.com).
Selection criterions :
· Nationality : the priority will be granted to the candidates from countries having a strong interest for the INSA Toulouse and for the activities of the ACTIA Group: China, United-States, Sweden, Spain, Germany, Italy, Tunisia, India.
· Fields of studies: sciences of engineering in the specialities like Mechanical engineering, Automatic control-Electronics, Computer Science and Networks engineering, Physics, Mathematical and modelling
· Level of schooling: master’s degree
· In addition every student can apply for a complkementary schlolarship at the french embassy in his mother country.
For n+i students, the costs are :
- 2200 € including social insurances for the 1rst year
- 1400 € including social insurances for the 2nd year
For students with a scholarship from the French government , the costs are lower.
- 60 % of engineering students accommodated in the 7 halls of residence on campus
- more than 60 clubs
- A restaurant and a cafeteria; 1800 meals served every day
- A library open more than 50 hours per week
- Quality sports facilities: tennis courts, gymnasium, judo room, dance room, weights room, sports fields …
The INSA campus is full of opportunities: clubs, cultural activities, sport - all students, according to their tastes, will find something to enjoy.
In INSA, students can pursue their passions: top level athletes and musicians benefit from specially adapted teaching while preparing their engineering degree.
More information : http://www.insa-toulouse.fr/en/vieinsa/hebergement.html
• 480 MSc engineering graduates each year and around 2,500 students
• 50 PhDs awarded each year
• 70% of students in accommodation on campus
• More than 450 staff: 220 academic and 230 administrative and technical
• 9 research laboratories
• An alumni network of more than 10,000 engineers (50,000 with the INSA network)
• 550 international students on the campus from more than 60 countries
• More than 50% of PhD students are international students
• Programs in English: Spring Semesters, MsC in System Engineering
Parrallel Courses - Specialization in industrial management (complementary qualification)
This certificate validates a mixed programme (4th and 5th years) in INSA - Ecole Supérieure de Commerce de Toulouse, and is co-signed by the two establishments.
Architecture (complementary qualification) - Students admitted in the 1st year may choose to complete their civil engineering studies with a qualification in architecture, in partnership with the Ecole d’architecture of Toulouse.
Management of Innovation Master (double degree INSA / Toulouse 1) - This Master, in partnership with the Institut d’Administration des Entreprises (Université des Sciences Sociales), aims at training engineers who will specialize in innovation management in small and medium-sized industries, industrial groups and service companies. It prepares students for management positions in innovative companies. This degree is awarded jointly by the two accredited establishments.
Computer engineering and Information systems for Health - (double degree INSA / EPA Jean-François Champollion). The aim of this course is to train computer engineers for the administrative and technical aspects of Health IT. An INSA engineering degree in Computer engineering and Information systems for Health or a double degree INSA/ISIS.