Supméca is an Institution of Higher Education and Research in Mechanical and Industrial Engineering. Supméca offers the last 3 years of a 5 year curriculum leading to the national Engineering degree (officially recognized by the national accreditation agency Commission du Titre d’Ingénieur, CTI), which is a Master degree in the European Bologna Process scheme. This degree also confers the professional title of engineer.
Strong links with French and foreign companies include: Industrial placements (technical & behavioural experience), Courses taught by engineers & managers from industry, Case studies, Research on contracts.
Industrial partners : EADS, AIRBUS, BOSCH, CEGELEC, CNES, DASSAULT-AVIATION, DASSAULT-SYSTEMES, TOTAL, ALSTOM, GENERAL MOTORS, PSA, RENAULT, SCHNEIDER, SEP, SAFRAN, BREMBO, ABB, CARTIER, LOUIS VUITTON…
A variety of activities are offered to Supméca students through artistic, sport or technical associations: photo, video, football, rubgy, robotics, aerospace....
These associations organize a variety of cultural events, get togethers, "ski week" in the French Alps, car rallyes, etc.
Please consult website for more information on student life http://www.supmeca.fr/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=35#
The international office of Supméca helps all n+i students in finding an accommodation in the vicinity of the school. However due to limited availability of student residences in the Paris are, it cannot formally guarantee a room for everyone.
So far all Supméca n+i students had a room reserved at the time of their arrival.
In the Paris area, accommodation costs approximately 500 € per month for a fully-equiped studio flat or room.
Students usually receive a government student housing allowance of around 200 € a month. The application should be made on arrival only.
Supmeca receives each year altogether 20 to 25 foreign students:
- a dozen students who have completed their previous higher studies in the French system.
- 5 to 10 students recruited through a bilateral partnership between Supmeca end their home university
- 3 to 10 students recruited through the n+i scheme.
SUPMECA has been an active member of the n+i network since this network was created.
Supmeca has regularly recruited students - from various countries such as China, Egypt, Russia, Hungary, Iran, etc..- under the n+i scheme. All of them have completed their studies succesfully.
Supméca has many international partners for student mobility through exchange programs (Erasmus, CREPUQ) and double-degree agreements. For instance:
- Germany: Hochschule Esslingen - University of Applied Sciences / Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule (RWTH) - Aachen / Technische Universität - Dresden
- Italy: Politecnico di Milano, Politecnecnico di Torino, Universita degli studi di Napoli "Federico II"
- Spain: Universidad Carlos III - Madrid
- Finland: Helsinki University of Technology (TKK)
- Netherlands: Technische Universiteit Delft (TU Delft)
- Canada: Ecole Polytechnique de Montréal (EPM)