A School of excellence for advanced education:
The objective of the ENISE, a state institution, is to educate versatile professional engineers capable of solving complex technical problems in order to design, produce and implement cost effective products, systems or services.
At the end of his/her 5-year course, the ENISE graduate has gained the knowledge and know- how required for his/her future career. The course, accredited by the National Accreditation Body (Commission des Titres d’Ingénieur) includes high level multidisciplinary academic periods combined with three 6-month industrial placements.
Two study routes are offered:
• Mechanical Engineering : Design and production of consumer goods and manufactured products.
• Civil Engineering : Infrastructures, structures, buildings, civil engineering.
These two routes will enable the graduates to meet the technical, social and economical challenges of the XXIst century. It is possible to study 8 years for a PhD.
The renewable of a city in the center of
With its prestigious industrial history (in the fields of weapons, textile and bicycles) Saint- Etienne together with its urban area is now a centre of excellence in mechanics, optics, textile, biomedical and food industries...
With more than 18 000 SME’s and several international companies,
From the cultural point of view,
With its young University, the Forez capital city offers its 20 000 students a wide range of courses.
The ENISE is one of its best examples.
Adress : Ecole Nationale d’Ingénieurs de Saint-Etienne, 58 rue Jean Parot, 42023 Saint-Etienne Cedex 2, FRANCE
- More than 18 months of practice in the industry
- Strong relations with the industry (VINCI, SIEMENS, LUIS VUITTON, etc.)
- A school close to the research (2 labs within the school)
- A school at human scale
- A good integration of international students through "parrainage" and international events
A school close to industry, with strong relations with companies and on an international scale :
In order to meet tomorrow’s expectations; the ENISE has developed very strong industrial and international relations:
- Two 6-month industrial placements in the 3rd and 4th years. The student has to analyse a problem, run a project and manage groups of people within a company.
- The Final Year Project, 20 weeks long, is in the second semester of the 5th year. It gives the student the opportunity to demonstrate his/her competence in an industrial environment and capacity to run a project according to contract-based specifications.
The registration process is described on the n+i web site.
ENISE has been a member of the n+i network for the past 5 years. We currently have 5 n+i students studying at the school.
We accept students at the start of the academic year. For application deadlines please see the n+i web site. You are strongly encouraged to apply in time for the first session of recruitment as this will maximise your chances of obtaining a grant.
Fees are 1000 euros per year.
Students at ENISE are very active in organising extra-academic activities.
Since 1963, the Students’ Union has made it possible for all students to dedicate themselves to the organisation of major events. As soon as they arrive, the new students are gradually introduced to the School, their cohorts and the cultural and social life of the region. All the activities organised by the
The Clubs inside the
- Model planes
- Robot Club
- Enise Racing Club
- Union website Club
- GALA Club
- Keur Moussa Humanitarian Club
- ENISE Flash Club
- Music Club
- Photography Club
- Comic strips Club
- Roots Club
- Students’ Association
- EDHEC Sailing Regatta
- Sound and Music Club
They offer excursions for skiing, sightseeing or parties.
The student-building in the ENISE is a popular meeting place and on selected days it is open until late in the evening, for music, dance and other events.
The cheapest possibility is a room in the university residences, they are about
(Rooms in host families or in student-shared appartments are more expensive (250 to 300 euros).)
Cost of living in
- accommodation: from € 120 to € 300 per month
- meals: € 215 per month (at univ. restaurant)
- transport: about € 35 per month
The total number of students at ENISE is about 600.
Between 40 and 50 students from abroad are enrolled each year at ENISE.
ENISE is part of the n+i network since 2004 and has accommodated 2 to 4 n+i students each year, both in the mechanical engineering field and in the civil engineering field.
Academic partners abroad :
• Double-degree : Portsmouth University (GB), Siegen Universität (D), Facultad de Ingeniera de
• Partnerships and Exchange agreements : Huddersfield, Newcastle University, Imperial College de Londres (GB), Institut Bauman of Moscow (RUSS), Nanyang Technological University of Singapore, Escuela Tecnica Superior de Ingenieros Industriales Madrid (SP), Chalmers University of Technology de Göteborg (SUE), Grenade University (SP)
Academic partners in
ENISE is part of the ENI Group (Groupe des Ecoles Nationales d’Ingénieurs), together with the engineer schools from