N+i students integrate directly the second year programme. The first semester of the 2nd year programme is dedicated to the transitional semester. And the second semester of 3rd year programme is also an internship.
you will register at the ENSIAME at the beginning of September and obtain student papers quickly
Your room will be booked in September for the arrival in next January.
Calendar 2011/2012 (it is almost the same calendar every year)
For the second year students:
internship (at least 18 weeks) : from 01/09/11 to 21/01/12
For you it will be the transitional semester + in january 3 weeks of lab project
Beginning of courses: 27/01/12
Winter Holidays: about 19/02/12 to 28/02/12
Exams: about 19/04/12 to 24/04/12
Spring holidays: about 16/04/12 to 26/04/12
For the third year students:
Exams: about 09/11/11 to 14/11/11
Christmas holidays: 22/12/11 to 03/01/12
Class exam: end january
Project preparation: about 01/02/12 to 12/02/12
Project viva voce: about 12/02/12 to 13/02/12
Winter Holidays: 19/02/12 to 28/02/12
Internship (at least 20 weeks): 21/02/12 to 31/08/12
It costs 800 euros for the academic year. It covers registration costs as well as social security.
The Students’Union runs, co-ordinates and subsidises a variety of activities:
- The “Integration Week-End” for the first year students.
- Clubs: Speed, Sail and Fun board, Climbing, Karting, Raid, Rocket, Charity Runs…
- The “Forum Rencontre” team which, with the help of other Engineering Schools in the North of France, organises a two-day recruitment fair with leading companies.
There are also a wide range of associations:
- The Nuit ENSIAME Association which organises the annual gala: entertainment, concerts, themed rooms and approximately 1500 guests!
- The VALMEV Association which participates in the ECO - marathon shell, an energy -saving race on the Paul Armagnac Circuit in Nogaro, France.
- The VALROBOTIK which takes parts in the E=M6 Cup
- The Course Croisière EDHEC Association which takes the ENSIAME to the starting line
- The E- media Association, computing club which has designed the ENSIAME’s cd-rom
- The Flat Team Association which takes part in 2 CV races
- The ARIV Association which is fixing up a 204 coupé in order to participate in a competition.
- The “Concil de Rêve” Association which groups together role playing, juggling, art, animation, photo, cinema and music clubs.
- The VIADDUC Humanitarian Association which, in conjunction with the IUT, aims to provide electricity to a village in Cameroon.
- The Association of Former Students of the ENSIAME which perpetuates these activities and continues to develop this family spirit.
EST Val, a company run by students, is the first link between the ENSIAME and industry. It carries out work for companies on a contractual basis, enabling students to put their knowledge into practise and gain greater understanding of the fascinating world of industry.
The Sports Union
It manages the ENSIAME’s sporting activities, organises inter-school tournaments and takes part in the annual TIE (Tournoi Inter Ecoles). A wide range of activities is on offer : rowing, football, basketball, rugby, body building, table tennis, skiing trip…
Student life is not just about activities among ENSIAME students, as both the institute and town have an important role to play.
The N+I students have the opportunity to live in a University Residence close to the ENSIAME. It is very interesting insofar as it is cheap and as they can obtain state help for housing called APL. For example, with a rent of 225 euros per month, each month the Caisse d’Allocation Familiale (in charge of paying the APL) gives back 80 euros.
The cheapest way to live is in a University residence, but there are some other possibilities such as in a private studio or a private room but it is more expensive (250 to 350 euros)
If you choose to live at the Residence, and if you have no persons or relatives living in France or Europe, and who can be designed as a garantee of payment of your rent, you will have to pay at your arrival at the residencein January: 1 month of garantee (pay back at the end of the journey if all is ok in the room) and 3 months of rent, which means if your rent is 231.45 euros, you will need to pay in January 925.80 euros.
In the University Residence Jules Mousseron:
rooms (between 10 and 14 m²) cost from 190€ to 250€
It remains more expensive if the student rent a private room (300 or 400 euros/month)