Mines-Nantes forms engineers and researchers to serve and anticipate the needs of industry. Its close relationship with the corporate world offers a double guarantee: to companies, both SMEs and large groups from diverse sectors, that they will always find graduates from the School with profiles necessary for their development; and to students, the certainty of exciting careers.
Directly administered by the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Employment the vocation of Mines-Nantes is to be the natural partner for companies, in terms of training, research and technology transfer. To carry out these missions, it is not alone: it is part of the Institute Mines-Telecom, a network of Graduates Schools of Engineering and Management united around the same values and a common vision.
Within the frame of the multi-disciplinary training at Mines-Nantes, students are able to choose in particular between two orientations after the two-year common core program :
- Environmental sciences and energy systems, including nuclear engineering
- Information sciences and technology
These orientations meet the evolving needs of industry and the corporate world.
A place of life in total harmony with each one… The campus of Mines-Nantes was truly thought for its students in engineering. Equipment with the leisures while passing by the accesses networks, nothing was left randomly.
The students’ residence comprises 639 studios and small apartments (520 on campus, the rest down-town at Pitre-Chevalier) grouped into several smaller units to favour interaction between students. Silence and comfortable working conditions are a welcome bonus. Each room has been designed so that students do not need to worry about any material details. They simply need to come with a toothbrush, a few dishes and laundry. The school has a self-service restaurant seating 1000. Lunch and dinner are served Monday through Friday.
The campus has everthing you could wish for as regards computer equipment and Internet access. Mines-Nantes has 6 PC rooms (Unix and Windows) and all student apartments are connected to the school computer network. Whether it is for study or leisure, students are permanently connected via the wireless network, which covers the entire campus.
When they’re not studying, what do engineering students do? Most often some kind of sporting acivity. And in this respect, Mines-Nantes has by no means skimped on facilities: it has a quality sports complex, accessible at any time with a personal smart card.
Sport is an integral part of the curriculum through a wide range of activities. In addition to 300 hours on the timetable set aside to developing a healthy body as well as a healthy mind, students have access as they wish to the magnificent facilities during their free time.
The sports facilities include:
* A gymnasium for: badminton (6 courts), tennis (4 courts), table tennis (8 tables), volleyball (3 courts), basketball (2 pitches), handball (1 pitch), indoor football( 1 pitch).
* A fitness room and cardio training eqipment with 32 workstations
* A tatami for martial arts and gymnastics
* A mountainbike park
* 4 outdoor tennis courts
* 1 outside volleyball pitch
* And of course the Erdre for rowing, sailing… and for jogging on the river banks.
• A multi-disciplinary school providing a strong scientific and technological background as well as strong project management skills.
• A step-by-step practical training for industry and the corporate world through project work and internships in companies where the students acquire invaluable experience and professional skills for their future career.
• A strong international dimension with more than 40 university partnerships worldwide leading to joint research projects, student and teacher exchange and currently 13 double degrees.
• Innovative teaching methods to foster the development of competences such as: the sense of observation, deduction, teamwork, a taste for entrepreneurship, management skills etc.
Since its establishment, Mines-Nantes has placed partnerships with companies at the heart of its development.
From involvement in curriculum design to hosting students for internships, the corporate world is present at all levels in the education of Mines-Nantes engineer.
The School helps companies in their search for solutions and in the development of new products. High-level researchers propose innovative approaches to solving scientific and industrial problems
This strategy of corporate partnerships has proved successful as illustrated by the wide range of cooperation that Mines-Nantes has set up with companies.
Most of our Master programs starts at the beginning of September. International students are also recommended to participate in our "French Summer School" in July and August before starting the Master program in order to improve the language and culture skills and to get used to the French environment.
Some of our Masters "i" have an intake in winter, usually at the beginning of February.
The recruitment session starts in October year N-1, and stops in April for September intake.
Students have to confirm registration at least 2 months before the beginning of the program.
Scholarships are available and are based on :
- academic excellence
And comes from Industry, our school, the region Pays de la Loire
The tuition fees depend on the program, have a look on the program itself.
The “Maison des Eleves” also puts at the students’ disposal 4 washing machines, 4 tumble dryers and 2 bicycle sheds.
“T1 bis” 30m²
Monthly rent in Euro €
Administrative fees at arrival
EMNantes receives about 150 international students each year including:
- 30 to 40 international students join the Master degree program in engineering for one-year credit transfer or two-year double-diploma program.
- more than one hundred international students study into our International Masters of Science taught in English.
We are new comers.