The level of French!
Increase your chances by beginning French lessons before you leave. It's the best way to prepare your stay and your studies in France and shows your motivation for coming to France.
Level of French Assessment
Here are the first levels of language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference:
- Level A1 Beginner:can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type. Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly
- Level A2 Elementary.
- Level B1 Efficient but limited use of the language.
- Level B2 can understand the main ideas of complex texts on both concrete and abstract subjects, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation
Level of French required
Before you come to France, the "n+i" network courses require the following:
- A minimum of 300 hours of approved lessons (eg Alliance Française, Instituts français),
- Or A2 level in French tests.
In order to assess your level of French, we require you to take one of the standard evaluation of level for non French natives.
- The TCF (Knowledge of French) or,
- The TEF (Assessment of French),
- The DELF (Diplôme d'études en Langue Française),
B2 level is the minimum to request an exemption from the linguistic integration package and apply in Session 4.
Test and visa: you may be required to show proof of results of a French test in order to obtain a visa. Please ask the consulate or the CampusFrance office in your country.